Most of us have a college memory that includes having the fire alarm in the dorm going off…. and usually at the most inconvenient time. The fire department then has to come out for what was most likely a false alarm and the college/ university is left with a bill.
This is where the 1st Defense Smoke Sensor comes in. Our MicroFridge microwaves are designed to help prevent fire alarms from going off by shutting down operation once smoke (not steam) is detected, it benefits both your students and you as an institution.
How It Works:
- The smoke sensor is built internally into the microwave, it cannot be tampered with or turned off.
- When smoke is detected the microwave will automatically shut down and will read “ERROR” to alert the user.
- Once the smoke dissipates you can open the microwave, clear the settings and resume using the microwave.
- Students won’t have to be concerned about burning food or setting off the fire alarm for the dorm.
- Institutions won’t have to worry about the safety of the students cooking or when fire alarms go off.
- You wont accumulate a bill from the fire department for false alarms.
Our full lineup of combination units can be found here. If you’re looking for units that have this technology, look for the 1st Defense Smoke Sensor logo .