As colleges and universities finalize if and how students will be returning to campus, we all can agree it will be different this fall.
One thing we do know is that students will still have a microfridge in their dorm room. Whether your school hasn’t made drastic changes or you are just wanting to err on the side of caution, we’ve complied a list of recipes for you to try this upcoming school season, regardless of your diet or budget.
Thinking back on the food I consumed in my college days, it was not the pinnacle of health, at all! From eating uncooked ramen with the seasoning sprinkled on (by choice), Valveeta Shells & Cheese, and my all time favorite – sandwiches. Fruits and vegetables? Yea didn’t know those too well.
Understanding the basics of nutrition and what our bodies need is crucial to making it through college and pulling all-nighters. These tips from dietitian Malia Dunn help breakdown how accessible and simple this can be, while also debunking some myths (hangover cures and Freshmen 15).
Now for the good part – the recipes! Regardless of your dietary choices we have recipes and food ideas for you!
If you don’t have any dietary restrictions or are open to different foods these are for you:
- 30 Healthy and Ridiculously Easy Recipes Made for College Students
- 25 Insanely Healthy College Meals You Can Make in a Dorm
- 13 Easy Recipes for College Students (That Aren’t Instant Ramen)
- 19 Easy Recipes Every College Student Should Know
- 4 Microwave Meals to Hack College
- 30+ Delicious Vegetarian Recipes for Students
- Cooking Vegetarian in Your Dorm Room
- Quick and Easy Vegetarian Recipes
- 10 Vegetarian Meals on a Budget
- 12 Affordable Meatless Meals
- 5 Easy Vegan Meals Every College Student Can Make
- 5 Cheap, Easy Vegan Recipes for College Students
- Vegan Recipes for College Students
- 41 Easy College Dorm Room Friendly Vegan Recipes
- Easy Keto Diet Hacks For College Kids on a Budget
- How to be Keto in College
- I tried a Keto-Friendly Diet While Living in a Dorm and here’s What Happened
- Keto on a Budget | $5 a Day Keto Meal Plan
- [Tips And Hacks] A Guide On How To Eat Keto In College
- 6 Food Blogs that Perfectly Fit the Needs of College Students
- College Food Needs to Get Better, This PHA Initiative is Helping
- The Student’s Guide to Nutrition
If you try any of these recipes please let us know!
Not yet following us on social media? Check us out on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram , and YouTube