At MicroFridge by Danby, we believe it’s important to Do the Right Thing. That’s why we constantly innovate and work towards reducing our environmental impact, by helping to reduce waste and our carbon footprint.
One of the ways we do this is through our commitment to growing our line of Energy Star compliant products. The benefit of ordering through MicroFridge is that we not only carry our namesake brand and combination appliance, but we also offer Danby products. We’re proud to say that our ALL of our MicroFridge branded fridges are Energy Star compliant.
Take a look at full list of MicroFridge and Danby products that have received an Energy Star rating here.
Not only have we earned an Energy Star rating but some of our 10.3 Cu. Ft. Fridge and Combination Units (in all styles) were named “Most Efficient” by Energy Star as well! We’re extremely proud to have earned this rating.
How a Product Earns the ENERGY STAR Label
ENERGY STAR is the trusted, government-backed symbol for energy efficiency, helping us all save money and protect the environment through energy-efficient products and practices.
The ENERGY STAR label was established to:
Reduce greenhouse gas emissions and other pollutants caused by the inefficient use of energy; and, make it easy for consumers to identify and purchase energy-efficient products that offer savings on energy bills without sacrificing performance, features, and comfort.
How Does EPA Choose Which Products Earn the Label?
Products can earn the ENERGY STAR label by meeting the energy efficiency requirements set forth by ENERGY STAR product specifications. EPA establishes these specifications based on the following set of key guiding principles:
- Product categories must contribute significant energy savings nationwide.
- Certified products must deliver the features and performance demanded by consumers, in addition to increased energy efficiency.
- If the certified product costs more than a conventional, less-efficient counterpart, purchasers will recover their investment in increased energy efficiency through utility bill savings, within a reasonable period of time.
- Energy efficiency can be achieved through broadly available, non-proprietary technologies offered by more than one manufacturer.
- Product energy consumption and performance can be measured and verified with testing.
- Labeling would effectively differentiate products and be visible for purchasers.
How Does EPA Decide When to Revise Specifications?
Generally, a market share of ENERGY STAR certified products in a particular category of 50 percent or higher will prompt consideration for a specification revision. However, there are other factors that weigh into the decision, such as:
- A change in the federal minimum efficiency standards
- Technological changes with advances in energy efficiency which allow a revised ENERGY STAR specification to capture additional savings
- Product availability
- Significant issues with consumers realizing expected energy savings
- Performance or quality issues
- Issues with test procedures
Use the personalized tool to help you save more energy in your home.
Assistance on Energy Star for commercial building can be accessed here.
Learn more about the Energy Star Certification, how you earn the label, and more certified products by clicking here.
Not yet following us on social media?